Friday 2 September 2016

10 Essential Strength Training Tips Every Runner Should know About



At the weekend I often massage (and sometimes near competition Sports NLP) a couple of lovely girls who are part of the GB Synchronised Swim Team. I have worked with one for many years, and London 2012 will be her first Olympics, fingers crossed. Yesterday she was telling me about the Strength Tests they do on a monthly basis to ensure they are strong enough in the water. Well.... 

I am amazed by what they can do! Hold a plank for 7mins and 15secs with perfect form, do 40 Full Press Ups, chest touching the ground, no rest, even speed and squat with body weight on their shoulders. I could go on, but there are top secret things in there so you will just have to see how they get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment